Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm missing the chili cook-off!

Construction has begun on the LOST orientation scarf for Fuzzy-head. This one will take me a while I predict. I have 8 logos to complete, each row is 47 stitches wide, BUT, you really have to double that because it's double knitting and twice as much yarn is being used for everything. Once my ridiculous school troubles are behind me, I will have all the time in the world to knit (I assume).

School done in April, but my biggest concerns for the year have come up in these first 4 weeks. My restaurant/dining room class this semester requires me to take charge of the dining room and be my own boss. I have to plan all the details, including ordering special food and decor for my day. Ugh. In addition to this, I have to be the sous chef for someone else's day. With my good luck, I happened to get them both within the first 3 weeks of class. I am sous chef tomorrow (and I'm terrified), and I am bossman next week. I almost think that being in charge of the whole day will be easier than being in charge of the kitchen. I feel good about my day, I've got all my ducks lined up, but I'm worried about being such a big part of someone else's day when she's counting on me to create the food that defines the evening.

In other news, I will be monumentally old soon. In two days. T-minus two days until mega old.

Until we meet again,

Onward,

vrock

1 comment:

Lily Lee's Wool & Tea said...

It's been a while since I've read your blog, but I'm glad to catch up on this entry. I think that you are completely capable of greatness. I have faith in you and your determination. I hope you bring the double-knitting to Wednesday meeting, I'd love to see what you got on the orientation scarf. I'll have a wee surprise for you as well. Stay tuned...

ps. if you're going to be mega old, what am I? mega mega old? anciently old? old old? (sorry sociological/psychological term)