Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am the pack leader

First, we will begin with the pictures from my evening at school. My theme was "comfort food upgraded". All things considered, I think the day went off well. There were some hiccups, and I'm pretty sure my teacher had me pegged for failure as soon as I said 'communal seating', but things turned out fine for me. I was pleased with all my little decor touches, although I never heard any positive feedback about that from my teacher. This just proves once again that he is a horrible teacher, and he is not capable of saying anything to encourage my learning.


The display table set up in the hallway for our guests to stare at until I let them into the dining room. My table featured the cocktails and mocktails of the day, and a little kitschy decor I brought from home.



A close up of the drinks of the day (from left to right): Shirley temple, cherry cola float, bee's knees, and lemon drop.


The communal table. In your face Jean-Paul.

And in knitting, your hero had a disappointing setback with her doubleknitted scarf for fuzzy head. It was so freaking huge by the time I finished the first logo, I could not continue working on it happily. The following are the proud in-progress pictures, followed by the frogging pictures that made me sad.


Now I have restarted the scarf, but this time I'm just knitting in a round, to make a double-thick scarf. I'm still following the idea of having a reversible scarf - one set of colours on one side, and the reverse of those colours on the other side.

And finally, on a more personal note, I am completely in love with Dexter. I watched the first two seasons in a week, and I will soon catch up on season 3. I must thank the fuzzy headed boy for introducing me to such a fantastic show, although anything on HBO is going to be good because they don't try to hide the boobs and swears.

Until we meet again my lovelies,

Onward,

vrock


No comments: